Become an Oakland Originals™ Artist
Visual artists living and/or working in Oakland are eligible to join. You will increase your visibility to collectors, curators and designers, have access to professional development workshops and receive invitations to networking events and opportunities. You will connect with other Oakland artists, find collaborators, and build a following!
- Create your Artist Page on the OAM website
- Free invitations to Artist Mixers and Networking events
- Create community with other artists by joining our social media membership groups
- Dedicated support via an artist liaison to answer questions.
- VIP access to quarterly professional development workshops, offered free or sliding scale to artist members.
- Promotion of your exhibitions via OAM’s social media channels
- Be the first to hear about calls for artists and opportunities to be featured in an Oakland Original’s Artist Profile
Annual Membership (free in 2021)JOIN NOW & CREATE YOUR ARTIST LISTING
• • • • • • • •
Watch our Tutorial Video for step-by-step instruction on how to create your Artist Membership Listing.Click Here to watch the Tutorial
• • • • • • • •
Still have questions? Reach out to us for support at: [email protected]
- We will review your submission within 48 hours. Artist submissions may be flagged/rejected for the following criteria:
- Fewer than 3 artwork images submitted
- Inappropriate language (occasionally inappropriate language may be appropriate when used to identify artwork). OAM reserves the right to add in “*$#%*” or “redacted” in place of offensive verbiage.
- Racially insensitive, excessively violent, triggering themes or overtly sexual themes may be grounds for flagging. OAM reserves the right to work with the artist to “screen, fadeout or obscure” content that is inappropriate for the OAM public Website.
- External links do not go to the appropriate sites.
Frequently Asked Questions & Tips:
Why can’t I see my listing? For new listings, we require 48 hours to review all new submissions. Please note, that once you edit your listing it is automatically removed from the the directory and will not be reposted until it is re-approved.
Why can’t I edit my listing? You must be logged in to make edits to your Artist Directory Listing. If you do not see the “Edit” button next to your profile, login at https://www.oaklandartmurmur.org/login and continue to your artist listing.
Do not create multiple listings, they will be deleted and make the review process take longer.
For further inquiries, email us at [email protected]